Experience the Oregon Coast on Foot
Viewing Seaside from Boneyard Ridge: the Cove and Circle Creek
Wetlands along the Kwis Kwis Trail
Three days, 30 miles
CoastWalk Oregon is a fundraiser for North Coast Land Conservancy and an opportunity to walk roughly 30 miles over three days on the Oregon Coast without worrying about wayfinding or other logistics. Staff and volunteers with NCLC are experts on the Oregon Coast. Each year we map out fresh routes, typically following portions of the Oregon Coast Trail.
In 2021 we’re taking a break from the Oregon Coast Trail route to walk footpaths, bike paths, beaches, boardwalks and repurposed logging roads that give you a glimpse of conservation in action on the coast. We’ll be walking through the traditional homelands of the Clatsop-Nehalem people between the Columbia River and Tillamook Head. Our goal is to provide participants with a fun, safe, and hassle-free way to hike a significant distance on hand-picked hiking routes while raising funds to support coastal habitat conservation. Participants arrange their own lodging and dining. We gather and start walking early each day, leaving you most of the afternoon to relax or further explore the Oregon Coast.
WHAT ABOUT COVID?
We can’t predict the future, but we’ve made some changes for 2021 that give us confidence we’ll be able to get out on the trail with you in September:
- All hikes will be loop hikes; you’ll drive to each day’s start point and hike back to it. No shuttle buses.
- If necessary, we’ll arrange for participants to start hiking in small groups rather than all at once to avoid gathering.
- We expect to skip our customary celebratory lunch on Day 3. Instead, we’ll provide more substantial snacks every day so you can stop and nosh when and where you like, alone or with your “pod.”
- Participants will be required to follow current state guidelines regarding masking and social distancing.
- We’re delaying the start of registration until June 1.
- If we must cancel, all registered participants will be offered a full refund (minus $27 in processing fees).
ENHANCE HABITAT: HIKE THE COAST
North Coast Land Conservancy has been conserving and connecting land on the Oregon Coast since 1986. In 2016 we launched CoastWalk Oregon, an opportunity to walk 30 miles of the Oregon Coast Trail over three days in September. The funds we raise from CoastWalk Oregon us conserve habitat from the Columbia River south to Siletz Bay at Lincoln City.
“We hit the jackpot discovering CoastWalk and look forward to next year!”
—Katherine, Seaside OR, CWO 2018
“Thanks for the opportunity to support such a great mission in such a fun way.”
—Cheryl, Portland OR, CWO 2016